Nonprofit organizations that want to obtain HUD approval to participate as a FHA mortgagor, purchase HUD homes at a discount, or administer a Secondary Financing/Downpayment Assistance Program must submit an email directly to their local Homeownership Center (HOC), Program Support Division, indicating that your organization would like to apply for approval to participate in FHA Nonprofit activities. The e-mail must also include the following information:
- Your organization’s legal name
- Legal address
- Executive director’s name
- Executive director’s phone number and email address
Additionally, the email should indicate:
- Whether the organization is a nonprofit or instrumentality of government
- Date of the organization’s 501 (C)(3) determination letter
- Whether your organization has a minimum of two years, within the last five years, of housing development experience. Housing development experience is defined as acquisition, rehabilitation, and sale to low-to-moderate income persons.
This email should be sent to the appropriate HOC contact below. After the email is received, the NPDMS Help Desk will contact your organization to provide instructions for accessing the online application system, a password and a User ID. After obtaining the password and User ID, users can access NPDMS by logging on at: http://support.yardi.com/hudacanp.asp.
To recertify, submit an email to the local HOC, Program Support Division, stating that your organization would like to apply for recertification and request a password and User ID. After your email is received the Help Desk will contact your organization to provide instructions for accessing the online application system, password and User ID. After obtaining your password and User ID, users can access the NPDMS by logging on at: http://support.yardi.com/hudacanp.asp.
To learn more about non-profit organizations and HUD homes click here http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/np/np_prog.cfm.